[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#37933: marked as done (problems during glibc build on m68k)



Your message dated 14 Jun 1999 18:53:38 -0000
with message-id <19990614185338.13657.qmail@master.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#37933: fixed in glibc 2.1.1-11
has caused the attached bug report to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I'm
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere.  Please contact me immediately.)

Ian Jackson
(administrator, Debian bugs database)

Received: (at submit) by bugs.debian.org; 18 May 1999 16:42:11 +0000
Received: (qmail 1701 invoked from network); 18 May 1999 16:42:09 -0000
Received: from faui20.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (131.188.32.20)
  by master.debian.org with SMTP; 18 May 1999 16:42:09 -0000
Received: from faui22c.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (faui22c.informatik.uni-erlangen.de [131.188.32.72])
	by faui20.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (8.9.1a/8.1.7-FAU) with ESMTP id SAA18947; Tue, 18 May 1999 18:42:05 +0200 (MET DST)
Received: (from rnhodek@localhost)
	by faui22c.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (8.8.8/8.1.6-FAU) id SAA10090; Tue, 18 May 1999 18:42:05 +0200 (MET DST)
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 18:42:05 +0200 (MET DST)
Message-Id: <199905181642.SAA10090@faui22c.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
From: Roman Hodek <Roman.Hodek@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
To: submit@bugs.debian.org
Subject: problems during glibc build on m68k
Reply-to: Roman.Hodek@informatik.uni-erlangen.de

Package: glibc
Version: 2.1.1-5

Hi Joel!

I've now managed to recompile glibc2.1 for m68k (we should at least
test it sometimes... :-). During the build, I've encountered the
following problems (I've fixed them manually to avoid rebuilding the
whole biest :-)

1) install-locales in locatedata

During execution of the target, a lot of errors were printed because
included locales couldn't be found. Finally make exits with an error:

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/build/roman/glibc-2.1.1/build/glibc-2.1.
1/localedata'
while read locale charset; do \
   case $locale in \#*) continue;; esac; \
   /debian/home/roman/build/glibc-2.1.1/build/obj-m68k/elf/ld.so --library-path /debian/home/roman/build/glibc-2.1.1/build/obj-m68k:/debian/home/roman/build/glibc-2.1.1/build/obj-m68k/math:/debian/home/roman/build/glibc-2.1.1/build/obj-m68k/elf:/debian/home/roman/build/glibc-2.1.1/build/obj-m68k/nss:/debian/home/roman/build/glibc-2.1.1/build/obj-m68k/nis:/debian/home/roman/build/glibc-2.1.1/build/obj-m68k/db2:/debian/home/roman/build/glibc-2.1.1/build/obj-m68k/rt:/debian/home/roman/build/glibc-2.1.1/build/obj-m68k/resolv:/debian/home/roman/build/glibc-2.1.1/build/obj-m68k/linuxthreads /debian/home/roman/build/glibc-2.1.1/build/obj-m68k/locale/localedef -i locales/`echo $locale | sed 's/\([^.]*\).*/\1/'` \
                -c -f charmaps/$charset \
                -u repertoiremaps/mnemonic.ds \
                /debian/home/roman/build/glibc-2.1.1/build/tree-m68k/usr/share/l
ocale/$locale; \
done < SUPPORTED
locale file `en_DK', used in `copy' statement, not found
locale file `en_DK', used in `copy' statement, not found
...
locale file `de_DE', used in `copy' statement, not found
locale file `en_GB', used in `copy' statement, not found
locale file `da_DK', used in `copy' statement, not found
locale file `en_CA', used in `copy' statement, not found
locale file `de_CH', used in `copy' statement, not found
locale file `nl_NL', used in `copy' statement, not found
locale file `cs_CZ', used in `copy' statement, not found
locale file `fi_FI', used in `copy' statement, not found
make[1]: *** [install-locales] Error 5
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/build/roman/glibc-2.1.1/build/glibc-2.1.1/localedata'

AFAICS the reason is that I didn't have the locales package installed.
localedef searches for copied locales in ., /usr/share/locale, and
/usr/share/i18n/locales. But the cwd for the command is
build/glibc-2.1.1/localedata, and the locale files are in the subdir
locale/, so they're not found.

However, I think it's not useful to include the installed locale
files, since they're (in the general case) an older version.

I solved the problem by symlinking the missing files to the parent dir
(where localedef searches for them). I haven't checked if localedef
has some option to change the include path. If yes, some option should
be added.

2) typo in debian/depflags.mk

In the m68k part of depflags.mk (line 31) there's a typo in the
definition of libc_control_flags. At the end of the Conflicts list,
there's an additional comma. dpkg --build later complains about this
(syntax error).

Roman


Reply to: