Re: Compilation problems
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Compilation problems
- From: "J.H.M. Dassen" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 11:06:10 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 19990510110610.A19616@ultra5.wi.leidenuniv.nl>
- Mail-followup-to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] m10gkpI-000HVrC@rainer.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>; from Rainer Dorsch on Mon, May 10, 1999 at 09:50:11AM +0300
- References: <[🔎] m10gkpI-000HVrC@rainer.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
On Mon, May 10, 1999 at 09:50:11 +0300, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> checkin.o: file not recognized: File truncated
> /usr/bin/ld: cuddZddGroup.o: invalid string offset 285212672 >= 89 for
> section `.shstrtab'
> I would expect the problems more in egcs, libc6 or the kernel itself (the
> system rebooted this morning automatically).
I see no similarities with other EGCS or libc6 problem reports.
> Any ideas what co8uld be wrong? The system was running slink rock-solid
> for months.
It sounds much more like a hardware problem (try the suggestions of
http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11) or having corrupted .debs installed (try
forcefully reinstalling the current packages e.g. dpkg -OGR /archive).
UNFAIR Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,
UNDERHAND and JUST LUCKY I GUESS.
- The Hipcrime Vocab by Chad C. Mulligan