Re: More glibc 2.1.1 stuff

On Fri, Apr 16, 1999 at 04:25:01PM +0000, Steve Dunham wrote:
> There were a few differences: They have nothing resembling our
> sigaction, and sigstack patches (are they still needed?)  They have an
> additional "libio-vfork" patch, which may fix our problems with
> non-cvs kernels (I'm not sure, but I've attached it so you can look at
> it).  Another difference is that RH is using glibc-990329.tar.gz as a
> base and we are using glibc-19990406.tar.gz.

Yeah, the -0.2 broke a few things for me too. I've tries without the
sigaction and sigstack patches, with no changes in brokeness.

> One other, general note.  The RedHat ncsd init script doesn't start it
> on 2.0 kernels, they say that it won't run on kernels older than 2.2.0
> because of threading problems.

I'll let him know about that so he can add it for us.

The vfork patch sounds like what we need. I'll give it a try.

OpenLDAP Core - bcollins@openldap.org                 bcollins@debian.org
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems         The Choice of the GNU Generation