Re: Packaging lerc

Dear Bas,

Il 08/09/23 20:17, Sebastiaan Couwenberg ha scritto:
On 11/1/21 18:52, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
On 11/1/21 18:27, Antonio Valentino wrote:
Why is the list of architectures restricted in debian/control?

LERC does not support bigendian architectures

Might be better to use Architecture: any and just have the build fail on those architectures, any new LE architectures won't need changes to the architecture list.

I've recently learned about the architecture-properties package which provides architecture-is-<32|64>-bit and architecture-is-<little|big>-endian. Using this makes the package BD-Uninstallable on architectures which don't match the requirement.

osmium-tool uses Spaten which only supports little endian, so I've added architecture-is-little-endian to its build dependencies to make this explicit.

This seems like a good option for lerc too, no time will be wasted building the package on big endian architectures where it will just fail.

It seems indeed a good idea.
Thanks for suggesting.

I will update the package and upload a new version ASAP.

cheers
--
Antonio Valentino