Downloading Debian to a 64-GB USB

Hello Staff,

I have been having trouble for the past couple of days downloading Debian to my USB stick. After a problem endured with Virtualbox (not enough space on my laptop) I wanted to see if this was more effective mostly for storage purposes. I have watched a couple of videos about how to install the program, but none are saying the same thing.
Here is some information that can possibly help you, help me when providing steps.
 *64GB USB
*Windows 11 Laptop
*Rufus install
*Debian Live amd iso image installed

My questions would be as to how you would get to the boot/ BIOS mode of my laptop. I believe I have accessed it before- yet it was not picking up my USB stick to load up the image file. When it did on rare occasions, it said missing software was required so I reset my laptop and ended back at square one.

Could any assistance be provided?