Re: GeographicLib 2.0

On 4/28/22 08:10, Antonio Valentino wrote:
I have almost completed the packaging of geographiclib-python 2.0.

I've review the changes in the Salsa repo.

The debian/2.0-1_exp1 tag was pushed prematurely, I've deleted it from the repo, you'll need to do the same in your working copy.

debian/control:

The source package currently matches the upstream repository name, it's probably better to use the same name as the packaging git repo:
python-geographiclib. That also conforms more to the Python Policy.

${python3:Recommends} and ${python3:Suggests} are not defined and should be removed .

debian/copyright:

The title and copyright statement should be removed from the Expat standalone license paragraph. It should start with "Permission is hereby granted...".

Using the GitHub repo for the Source is better than the link to the documentation.

debian/rules:

Please add an empty line before the %: rule.

debian/watch:

Doesn't handle common issues. See python-stetl for example.