Re: Future of PDAL in Debian

On Mon, Oct 04, 2021 at 05:37:18AM +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
PDAL 2.4 is going to require lazperf instead of laszip, this will hinder
adoption in Debian because lazperf is not packaged (yet).

I don't intend to package lazperf, getting laszip into Debian was far to
much effort already. If you care about LAZ support in PDAL, please help
to package and maintain lazperf in Debian.

Kind Regards,

Annotated, due ASAP on my side along with new GDAL Perl support via FFI.

-cheers