Re: mod_tile and renderd (was: Greeting the Debian GIS team)

On 8/19/20 11:24 AM, Felix Delattre wrote:
> On 8/19/20 8:55 AM, Felix Delattre wrote:
>> On 8/19/20 8:09 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>>> How does your libapache2-mod-tile packaging differ from
>>> debian-gis-team/libapache2-mod-tile?
>> In principle, I wasn't aware that you've already worked on it. Right
>> now, I'm comparing the two. And then I would continue with
>> `debian-gis-team/libapache2-mod-tile`. Are merge requests the best way
>> to go for you?
>
> A fundamental difference, in my opinion, is that I have not included
> 'renderd' for the time being, since I want to use 'tirex' first.
> Although we would probably add `renderd' later, I would actually suggest
> that we deal with them in separate repositories.
> What do you think?

renderd gets built and installed as part of the upstream buildsystem, so
it should be included in the package. renderd is also provided by its
own binary package.

The libapache2-mod-tile package currently has both as a dependency:

 renderd | tirex-master

To allow it to be installed with either package. The tirex package name
likely needs to be changed to match your tirex packaging.

tirex should be its own repo, splitting out renderd doesn't make sense.