Re: GDAL 3.0.2

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 6:16 AM Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:
On 11/10/19 8:26 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote

For Ubuntu endusers it may be better to stick to PROJ6/GDAL2 for focal
due to not all leaf packages supporting GDAL3 yet, for use cases like
Travis-CI it's probably more desirable to have PROJ6/GDAL3 in the next
LTS. I'll leave it to Gianfranco to decide what to do for focal.

For a LTS, I think it is better to have the latest libraries rather than all working applications. It is easier to install an app from a ppa/... than doing so for a core library. I'd go for PROJ6 and GDAL3.

Kind Regards,
Johan