Re: Mapserver Version 7.7 & proj.db

On 2020-11-24 11:18 a.m., Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
On 11/24/20 4:01 PM, aimdev@mail.com wrote:
I am not clear where the proj.db file would have been installed, and where it should go / how it is referenced in the MapServer directory structure.

For the former:

  apt-file search proj.db

It will be installed via the libproj dependencies.

Jeff may be able to have something to say about the MapServer build,
although the mapserver mailinglist is a more appropriate venue for that.

I gave the exact install path on the MapServer-users mailinglist, for proj.db

It sounds to me like one of the MapServer dependencies was built with an older PROJ version (I gave the full list of dependencies and versions to use, to this thread on MapServer-users).

If this was me in these shoes now, I would dive into each of the dependencies mentioned, and execute 'ldd [lib].so' to verify that the proper PROJ is used. For example:

  ldd /usr/local/lib/libmapserver.so

     ..and do that for all of the PROJ dependencies

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
co-founder of FOSS4G