Re: GDAL 3.0.1

On mercredi 11 septembre 2019 10:00:44 CEST Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 9/10/19 9:56 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> > There is still no fix for fiona, and the upstream issue was closed
> > without linking to the issue where work on GDAL 3 support is actually
> > done. I'm very unhappy about that, so I'm not going to waste any more
> > time on fiona, it will get an RC bug for autoremoval from testing.
>
> fiona (1.8.6-3) contains a patch I hacked up to make it build
> successfully with GDAL 3.

Bas,

Assuming this is
https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/fiona/commit/e9fc223ecdbcf2eb967c07c6d056e9e112ccadb8,

I'm not sure this is sufficient for proper runtime behaviour. Particularly I believe that
OSRSetAxisMappingStrategy(srs, OAMS_TRADITIONAL_GIS_ORDER) calls shall be added on each
object created with OSRNewSpatialReference(), assuming we want Fiona to still use the
"traditional GIS order" for coordinates.

So from a quick grep, in:
./fiona/_crs.pyx
./fiona/_transform.pyx

Even