Re: postgis (2.5.2+dfsg-1) autopkgtest failure

On 2019-07-24 09:03, Christoph Berg wrote:
Re: To Bas Couwenberg 2019-07-23 <[🔎] A6509D2A-027E-4D8A-9C6F-D7775A4DE2BE@df7cb.de>
Am 23. Juli 2019 12:25:54 MESZ schrieb Bas Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl>:
>Christoph, how bad would it be for pgapt if we change the Recommends to
>Depends?

To recap, the problem with co-installing postgresql-X-postgis-Y-scripts
for different Y is that the packages all ship
/usr/share/postgresql/X/extension/postgis.control (and half a dozen
other .control files). The postgresql-X-postgis-Y (no -scripts)
packages do not have the problem because all files in there carry Y in
the filenames.

My plan is to move that file to postgis-Y.control, and install
"alternatives" so postgis.control will become a symlink that points to
the (by default) most recent postgis-Y.control file.

At the same time, dpkg diversions for .control are installed so an older
postgis version that hasn't been fixed yet can be installed in
parallel. (It will appear as postgis-old.control in the alternatives
tree.)

I did that for postgis-3, and if we think the idea makes sense, we
should also apply it to 2.5.

The idea certainly makes sense. If you consider your branch finished, please merge it into experimental to have those changes included in the next upload.

I'm not sure if we should bother with 2.5 for that change, it shouldn't be very long lived in Debian. If you plan to keep 2.5 in pgapt, it makes sense for that too.