Re: zoo-project 1.7.0

Hi Angelos and Bas,
from what I can see in the log your have provided, there is an issue with compiling and linking the test C program when checking for GetAvailabletApplication from this line: [1].

The important section within the log are these ones:

/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/ccnIzndw.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata._ZNK3itk10Statistics37MersenneTwisterRandomVariateGenerator14GetNameOfClassEv.str1.8' can not be used when making a PIE object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output

So there should be two solutions:

 1. defining LDFLAGS few lines before to add the « -fPIC » option which seem to be required (cf. [2]) this way the test should succeed
 2. comment both lines 1030 and 1031 to remove the test

I hope this helps. In case, the first option works for you, please let me know and I will commit this modification on the SVN.

Best regards,

[1] http://www.zoo-project.org/trac/browser/trunk/zoo-project/zoo-kernel/configure.ac#L1030
[2] https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.67/html_node/Running-the-Linker.html

Gerald Fenoy