Re: Bullseye development cycle (source-only uploads & python2 removal)

Dear Sebastiaan,

Il 21/07/19 13:09, Sebastiaan Couwenberg ha scritto:
> On 7/21/19 11:47 AM, Antonio Valentino wrote:

>>> Can you start working on this for your packages?
>>
>> sure, I will start working on packages asap.
>
> The biggest blockers are mipp & python-mpop which are python2-only
> currently.
>
> I've pushed a change to use python3 for mipp, but that's incomplete. A
> bunch of test fail due to UTF8 being the default in Python 3.  That's
> not really something I want dive into further.
>
> How important are these two packages?
>
> Removing them from testing may be an option to unblock their
> dependencies. They keep python-pyresample in the archive for example,
> which in turn requires python-pyproj, and its upstream is going to drop
> Python 2 support.

Both mipp and python-mpop are no longer actively developed upstream,
they have been replaced by satpy that now is in debian.
For this reason, together with the fact that they are python2 only, the
idea is to drop them both from debian.

I'm currently checking reverse dependencies to clean them.

kind regards

--
Antonio Valentino