Re: Minor update to libsvgsalamander-java

Hello,
I updated today svgSalamander in JOSM to 1.1.2, because we faced a rendering bug.
With the update I found a major regression in font handling, and found out also that the CVE vulnerability wasn't correctly fixed upstream.
I created three pull requests matching the patches I applied in JOSM embedded copy:
https://github.com/blackears/svgSalamander/pull/30
https://github.com/blackears/svgSalamander/pull/32
https://github.com/blackears/svgSalamander/pull/33

I advise Debian to wait for a 1.1.3 release, or include those patches.
Cheers,
Vincent

Le dim. 23 sept. 2018 à 18:11, Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> a écrit :
On 9/23/18 5:35 PM, Felix Natter wrote:
> hello Debian-gis,
>
> for svgSalamander 1.1.2, a fix for CVE-2017-5617 [1] (#853134) was
> upstreamed by Vincent Privat.
>
> [1] https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2017-5617
>
> However, upstream included the patch modified [2], with a flag in the
> "global data object" SVGUniverse, with the default being "allow it":
>
> [2] https://github.com/blackears/svgSalamander/commit/a0cdd694cb917de303b08117e2544a352fc2cb58
>
>> private boolean imageDataInlineOnly = false;
>
> I wonder whether this is good (enough) for Debian (and the rest of the
> world), since we would need to make sure that this is set to true:
>
> SVGUniverse svgUniverse = new SVGUniverse();
> svgUniverse.setImageDataInlineOnly(true);

Vincent also noted this in the JOSM issue:

"
 Library author fixed it ​
[differently](https://github.com/blackears/svgSalamander/commit/a0cdd694cb917de303b08117e2544a352fc2cb58).

 When we update svgSalamander we must use

https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/14319#comment:8

> in all projects using svgSalamander (which does not seem to be much for
> Debian):
>
> $ apt-cache rdepends libsvgsalamander-java
> libsvgsalamander-java
> Reverse Depends:
>   freeplane
>   freeplane
>   josm
>   games-java-dev
>
> If we agree, then I will create an upstream issue.
>
> Also, is there value in updating svgSalamander from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2?
> (I fixed a bug triggered in Freeplane in upstream, but Freeplane contains a
> workaround). I can offer to do this, if we have an agreement for the
> above issue.

I don't think we have to update svgSalamander yet, but if you do, we'll
need to patch JOSM.