Re: PROJ 5.0.0

On 02/23/2018 01:11 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> ncl still FTBFS because the bug in flex was not fixed properly,
> hopefully flex is fixed by the time the transition starts.

Another revision of flex has been uploaded that should fix the ncl
FTBFS, but I haven't gotten around to testing that yet.

> proj (5.0.0~rc4-1~exp2) is also available in experimental, which
> contains the datumgrids from proj-datumgrid-1.7RC1. The additional grids
> increased the size of proj-data and the datumgrid.shar file in the
> source package significantly, but is still manageable.

Because of the significantly increased size of the proj-datumgrid
archive, the Austrialian grids along with the Danish grids have been
moved to separate archives, see:

 http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/proj/2018-February/008058.html

The size of the datumgrids.shar in the Debian package is now much more
reasonable again, generating the source package takes significantly less
time again.

> In the future we may be able to use the multiple upstream tarball
> support in uscan to combine the proj & proj-datumgrid tarballs, or
> package proj-datumgrid separately.

For the time being I'll keep the datumgrid shar archives in the source
package. If there is sufficient user demand, the proj-datumgrid-europe,
proj-datumgrid-north-america & proj-datumgrid-oceania can be packaged
separately. Creating packages for those should be fairly easy, so a nice
task for users who need them to get involved in the Debian GIS team
*hint hint* :-)