Re: Transition to perl 5.24 preventing builds in unstable

On 09/24/2016 11:27 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> The transition to perl 5.24 has started, and this causes uninstallable
> build dependencies for most packages with perl (modules) in its
> dependency chain, this includes mapserver & qgis amongst others.
>
> There will be some delay until enough of the perl packages have been
> rebuilt before we can build the packages in question for unstable again.
>
> It's unhelpful that the transition trackers haven't been updated since
> yesterday, so the tracker for the perl transition is currently not very
> informative:
>
>  https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/perl5.24.html
>
> It does contain links to the transition bugreport and usertagged bugs
> affecting the transition.
>
> I expect that most of the issues caused by the perl transition will be
> solved sometime next week.

Pretty much all of the rebuilds are done, armel is still lagging behind
where gdal hasn't been rebuilt yet for example.

The uninstallable build dependencies should be resolved now, unless you
have one of the problematic packages in the dependency chain like
libdata-alias-perl.

Almost at the same time the transition to PostgreSQL 9.6 has started,
for which all our packages have been updated and those depending on
postgis have been uploaded to experimental. We're mostly waiting for the
final postgis 2.3.0 release before moving postgis, postgis-java &
pgrouting to unstable.