Re: GDAL/Libdap versioning problem

Hi Jochen,

On 09/13/2016 02:47 PM, Jochen Topf wrote:
> I have the same problem as described here
> with libosmium. This is on testing. Do I just have to wait for the fix
> to arrive in testing? Or can I/we do something to fix this?

Yes, waiting for gdal to migrate to testing is the best option.

gdal is waiting for perl to migrate which should happen tomorrow:

"
 Excuse for gdal

 * 5 days old (needed 5 days)
 * Updating gdal fixes old bugs: #836962, #837065
 * Invalidated by dependency
 * Depends: gdal perl
 * Not considered
"
https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=gdal

"
 Excuse for perl

 * Too young, only 9 of 10 days old
 * Not considered
"
https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=perl

If you cannot wait, or if the perl migration to testing gets delayed,
you can rebuild gdal in testing with proj 4.9.3 and libdap 3.18.0 in the
mean time.

The migration of proj 4.9.3 was forced because it would otherwise get
entangled in the uncoordinated openmpi transition for which vtk6 needs
to be rebuilt (vtk6 depends on proj, gdal & openmpi).

The rebuilt gdal did migrate to along with proj 4.9.3 because subsequent
uploads happened (resetting the time to migration) to fix RC bugs caused
by the default-libmysqlclient-dev situation, which was also not managed
well by its maintainers.