Re: josm and libsvgsalamander-java

Hi Felix,

Thanks for your work on svgsalamander.

On 07/26/2016 08:45 PM, Felix Natter wrote:
> I am in the process of upgrading (5 yrs old) libsvgsalamander to 1.0.0
> [1] (lightweight SVG rendering library). josm is the only r-dep, and
> here is what I found out while testing:
>
> On first startup (with old svgsalamander) I get a stack trace [2].
> I could not reproduce this with new svgsalamander, don't know why.

The stack traces following the java.io.FileNotFoundException for the
non-existing /usr/share/josm/images/none are a known issue and can
safely be ignored.

> However, josm compiles and starts with the new svgsalamander.
> Is it enough that I can download and view a map? Are the menu icons
> SVG?

JOSM upstream has SVG Salamander r200 in its repository, which
corresponds to the commit after tag release-0.1.36. The latest commit is
r218, which doesn't seem to have any worrying changes since r200.

Most images in JOSM as still PNG, but a subset is SVG now.

If there are no compile issues I think it's pretty safe to assume the
new version is not a problem.

> BTW: When trying to build the package twice, I get:
> [...]
> pkg-source: info: building josm using existing ./josm_0.0.svn10526+dfsg.orig.tar.gz
> dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
>  josm-0.0.svn10526+dfsg/i18n/po/core.pot
> dpkg-source: info: you can integrate the local changes with dpkg-source --commit
> dpkg-source: error: aborting due to unexpected upstream changes, see /tmp/josm_0.0.svn10526+dfsg-1.diff.FNDCHY
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b josm-0.0.svn10526+dfsg gave error exit status 2
> --> I think there is no proper clean target?

Building the translations is a Debian modification, that is likely to
not clean up after itself as well as it should. This is also not
something to worry about.