Re: GDAL 2.1.1

On 07/13/2016 02:38 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 07/04/2016 11:50 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> GDAL 2.1.1-RC1 is out, and that means a new gdal transition is coming.
>>
>> The changes are minimal, only some new C++ symbols were introduced.
>>
>> All reverse dependencies (using C++ symbols) rebuilt successfully as
>> expected.
>>
>> Due to the matching GDAL version constraint only libgdal-grass
>> (2.1.1~rc1-1~exp1) built successfully, there were no actual changes to
>> the gdal plugin source other than the VERSION file.
>>
>> Hopefully libgdal-grass passes the NEW queue before the final release,
>> to remove the only blocker for the transition.
>
> GDAL 2.1.1 final has been released today, and the packages have been
> updated and uploaded to experimental.
>
> libgdal-grass passed the NEW queue quickly, thanks to the work of the
> FTP-masters who are doing excellent work on the NEW queue recently. So
> we only need to wait for the go-ahead from the Release Team in #830966.

The Release Team was super quick, so we've managed to kick off the
transition to GDAL 2.1.1 on the same day of its release.

Hopefully there won't be any delays for the rebuilt affected packages to
transition to testing, as qmapshack (1.6.2-1) introduces a serious issue
causing data loss for new users (#831297). If there is a delay, I'll
probably do an upload to testing-proposed-upstream with the fix like for
the backport.