Re: OpenCPN

On 2016-03-14 15:56, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
I think having OpenCPN[0] would be a good addition to Debian. Reading a
related ticket[1] it is unclear to me what is the stumbling block
(AFAICT, OPCN is now on wx3).
Could anyone help understanding what is still needed?

It mostly needs someone to actively maintain the package in Debian. Hamish did a lot of work on the packaging in the past, but he has since disappeared.

The license issues in the upstream source are worrisome, and not guaranteed to be addressed in the recent upstream release. The Debian maintainer will have to deal with those issues in collaboration with upstream.