Re: dedup saga

On 02-03-16 19:39, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 02-03-16 11:59, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
>> dedup correctly complains that saga has double files:
>> https://dedup.debian.net/compare/saga/saga
>>
>> However, I don't understand why the double files are installed: they
>> are not part of the saga.install file:
>> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/saga.git/plain/debian/saga.install
>>
>> Anyone a clue what I could do about this?
>
> I'm not seeing the cause either, try debugging the debhelper calls by
> exporting DH_VERBOSE=1 in the rules file.

I've fixed the issue, the upstream build system already installed the
files in /usr/share/saga, and the debian/saga.install file does it again
manually:

 src/saga_core/saga_gui/res/saga_*.txt        /usr/share/saga/
 usr/share/saga/saga_prj.dic
 usr/share/saga/saga_prj.srs

> You should also address the lintian issues of info level and higher.

I've addressed all except the SONAME/symbols lintian issues, and I've
fixed the version specific virtual package provided by libsaga which
hadn't been updated properly for the past few upstream releases.

The packaging work for SAGA 2.2.5 also resulted in a number of bugreport
in the upstream issue tracker. The most imported being the changes to
the gridding module causing a FTBFS due to not supporting
--disable-triangle properly any more.

https://sourceforge.net/p/saga-gis/bugs/

I'll rebase my changes on top of the changes by Johan and push those to
Alioth too.