Re: mod_tile and renderd in Debian

On 07/06/15 12:15, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 06/07/2015 12:57 PM, Christopher Baines wrote:
>> To be honest, if you are actually considering using this, I would
>> suggest checking if tilelite (which is in Debian) would do what you
>> want, as I think this is far better suited for most users needs than
>> mod_tile.
>
> Having recently touched the tilelite packaging, I'm not so sure about
> its suitability. The upstream project hasn't seen any change since 2013,
> the Debian package has seen just as little activity.

I am currently working on some debconf stuff, I nearly have something
that is fully working. This would mean that debconf could be used to
manage the configuration.

> TileStache seems a better alternative already available in Debian.

The advantage of tilelite, is that its pretty much feature complete, and
its not very complicated. Obviously, if you need the power and
flexibility of TileStache, then that is the best choice.