Re: New Version of osm-gps-map nearly ready

On 11/27/2015 01:30 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> Hi Ross,

[...]

> codesearch found an embedded copy of osm-gps-maps in darktable, it may
> be worthwhile to file a whishlist bug requesting to switch to the
> packaged library (if it actually uses the sources it includes).

It turns out that the version of darktable in experimental (v2.0 Release
Candidate) now includes osm-gps-map as a build dependency. #808089 warns
the maintainer about the up and coming -dev name change.

> Since the package will have to pass NEW because of the SONAME bump,
> additional renames are not an extra pain. Consider dropping the
> SOVERSION from the -dev & -dbg packages again to no need renames of
> these every SONAME bump.

Renamed the packages removing the versioning & added conflicts etc... on
the old package names.

 gnuais build depends on
> libosmgpsmap-1.0-0-dev, so it will need a change before it can be
> built with the new version also, might as well change to just
> libosmgpsmap-1.0-dev.

I warned Ruben on bug #808091. Hopefully he is reading this and is ready
for an upload when he sees osm-gps-map uploaded. :-)

> The removal of m4/gtk-doc.m4 by debian/clean is annoying in
> combination with git-buildpackage. The removal may not be required
> when using plain autoconf, so consider switching to dh-autoreconf
> because gnome-common is deprecated too:

Switched to autoreconf and tidied up d/clean. I kept the ./autogen.sh
script from gnome-common, but moved it into a dh_autoreconf override.
#640376 scared me off going too far with this. Maybe we can tackle it
next time. At least it works now with autoreconf.

> Enabling parallel builds with dh $@ --parallel is a good idea too if
> it doesn't break too many things.

Done.

Thanks very much for the review and your patience. December is a hectic
month in my house.

Regards,

Ross