Re: How to skip debian/rules clean with git-buildpackage

On 15-12-15 14:14, Rashad Kanavath wrote:
> I hope there a very easy fix for this but cannot find it. how do I skip the
> "fakeroot debian/rules clean " target when re-running a git-buildpackage.
> This is important for me when I test some small configuration and do not
> want to rebuild the full package but just the other steps
>
> Any clue?

git-buildpackage performs a complete build, and starts by running the
clean target in debian/rules.

If you want to skip the clear target for testing call the desired target
directly, e.g.

 make -f debian/rules configure

This assumes that the clean target is not a dependency of the configure
target, which it is IIRC.