Re: Proposal 211 - Debian GIS BoF (Andreas Tille)

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 11:32:00PM +0200, Maximiliano Curia wrote:
> We have a Debian GIS Team BoF proposal to be held at DebConf this year, but
> as we had the experience in the past of booking BoFs that no one attended to
> (as the team wasn't aware of it) we would like to know, how many of the team
> members are interested in this BoF are planning/wishing to participate in
> it, to consider the BoF for the schedule.

I have announced the bof registration on Debian Gis list[1] (and the
discossion stretched even into June[2]).  So there is obvious interest
of participants in this BoF.

> We have quite a number of BoF proposals, and only a few of them will get
> video coverage, which is of course a hard decision to take, as not all of
> the currently submitted BoFs will get video coverage.

While I have registered several team BoFs I would rank this one as
highest for video coverage.  The rationale is that there was obvious
interest of several team members but some of them will not be able to
attend.  The Debian GIS team has done quite some moving in the last two
years and a common meeting (be it in one room or from remote) has IMHO
some importance.

> Given the current situation, it could most likely be scheduled as an
> in-person only meeting (without video coverage) or as an in-person sprint.

I have understand this situation but please if any of the BoFs could
get video coverage please choose this one.

> But we won't schedule any of these events unless the team actively engages
> in participating.

To my perception this requirement is given in this case.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2015/05/msg00008.html
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2015/06/msg00001.html