Re: generating debian/control while building source package

On 02/04/15 09:32, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 12:21 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg
<sebastic@xs4all.nl> wrote:
I'm not sure how long postgres 9.2 will remain supported, but until then
we can't drop the support from the source package without penalizing pgapt.

3rd party apt repositories are a pain in the ass, but pgapt is one of
best managed ones causing little to no problems. The postgis 2.0 issue
is a good example of ugliness caused by supporting more than just Debian
and its derivatives.

I'm ok with it if there is a good reason. It is just that I recently
tried bringing these two packages to ubuntu and I got unexpected
results. I just think we should definitely try to make it an exception
rather than a rule.

Kind Regards,
Johan
Whether it exists and is disabled, or utilised for valid reasons, it sounds like something that should be documented in README.Debian in case of an emergency Team Upload, or NMU from outside the team.

Cheers,

Ross