Re: Packaging GRASS 7

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 5:16 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini@faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi Bas,
>
> Il 11/01/2015 11:48, Sebastiaan Couwenberg ha scritto:
>> Do you think the QGIS GRASS plugin will remain mostly non functional
>> after the release of GRASS 7 (e.g. is the plugin unmaintained, or is
>> GRASS 7 expertise lacking in some other way)?
>
> I do not know of anyone supporting this. Work done so far seems rather
> haphazard, and unsupported by specific funding.
> All the best.

Markus Neteler is updating it as we speak.
See eg:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/b7dcd67f3eb2e330742c2dd30f035ea6c31a9973

I'm pro packaging grass 7 rc's in experimental. I think it is a good
idea to start packaging before the release: if there are any changes
needed they can still reach upstream (and be tested there) before the
actual release.

Johan