Re: osgEarth 2.5

On 02/22/2014 12:10 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 02/21/2014 11:29 PM, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 08:36:17PM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>>> QGIS is the only reverse dependency of osgEarth currently. Since qgis
>>> 2.0.1-2 was only accepted into unstable yesterday, uploading osgEarth
>>> 2.5 right now seems a bit early.
>>
>> Did you consider experimental for uploading? That would allow at
>> least find major building issues sooner than later.
>
> Uploading at least osgearth to experimental is probably a good idea just
> to be sure it builds on all other architectures too (except hurd-i386
> where its build dependencies are unsatisfied because openscenegraph FTBFS).

Uploading to experimental at least once is also good to collect the
symbols for the other architectures. So I've updated the package for
experimental using a more appropriate package version, and requested
sponsorship (#739732).

It's also good to start tagging the releases in git _after_ its been
uploaded to the archive (and not just mentors).