Re: Could not search pkg-grass packages at anonscm.debian.org

On 01/19/2014 10:25 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Bas,
>
> On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 12:37:40AM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> On 01/11/2014 01:54 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>>> Shall we just switch the SCM in FF to Git and wait a couple of hours?
>>
>> I've updated the SCM to git on Alioth, gitweb can now show the project list:
>>
>> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?pf=pkg-grass
>
> What exactly needs to be done to approach this (I loke to get this for
> Debian Med as well).

Just go to the SCM Administration page, select Git instead of Subversion
and submit.

Then only a little patience to wait for the cronjob to create the
debian-med git repo and do its magic to enable project listings.

>> The project name is still "pkg-grass" and the Homepage Link is still
>> "https://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org";. The latter I'd like to change to
>> debian-gis.alioth.debian.org if we can easily redirect from the old domain.
>
> As far as I know this is tricky.  It might be that fusionforge got new
> features regarding this but I was involved in a project renaming (from
> Custom Debian Distributions to Debian Pure Blends) and the only feasible
> way was to create a new project and loose the history (which was not as
> complex ad in pkg-grass).  So even if I'd would like the move to a more
> generic name the method to do this is a hard task that should be well
> planned.

If we can get help from DSA and/or alioth.debian.org hostmaster to add a
CNAME record in DNS from pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org to
debian-gis.alioth.debian.org after the switch, we can add an additional
VHOST to the project on alioth for the old pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org
domain.

In theory this should work.

Renaming the pkg-grass-devel mailing list is not possible AFAIK, we can
create debian-gis-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org and move the Maintainer
address of our packages over to the new list and keep the archive of the
old.

> Kind regards
>
>       Andreas.

GnuPG: 0xE88D4AF1 (new) / 0x77A975AD (old)