Re: [Ubuntu] Packaging Orfeo Toolbox for Debian

Hi Bas,

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 03:40:30PM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> > Andreas,
> > Could you finally get otb within debiangis?
>
> It would be more constructive if you offered to help get the OTB package
> into shape.

I guess Agustin wanted to be constructive but was not aware of the problems.

> > Is it possible to install otb as a deb package?
>
> No, there are some packaging issues to resolve first, see:
>
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-grass-devel/2014-October/023773.html

Agustin, the problems mentioned here are very formal and can be solved
by anybody who is able to read license texts and edit the
debian/copyright file.  I have my focus on different things than on OTB
and wanted to help only on *technical* issues.  So if there is any
volunteer to help editing d/copyright OTB can be included into Debian.
However, I'm afraid we missed the window where it can be part of the
next stable release.

Hope this clarifies things.

Kind regards

       Andreas.