Re: Re: jmapviewer: bing logo

Hello,

On 16 October 2014 07:22, Felix Natter <fnatter@gmx.net> wrote:
> Sorry but I've worked ~2 years on the freeplane package for it to be in
> jessie/main,
> und we're ~2 weeks from the jessie freeze, so if including the logo is DFSG
> compliant
> then that is enough for me.

> => So I see two options:
>
> 1. I get a positive reply from Microsoft soon --> I will include the image.
>
> 2. I will remove the logo and tilesource/BingAerialTileSource.java from the
> jmapviewer package,
> and apply a patch to josm so that it works without it
> (@Sebastiaan or another GIS member: could you help me with this?
> I think we can already prepare this!)

Displaying Bing tiles is pretty much essential functionality of JOSM
for many of its users, with this function cut out probably very few
people are going to use it.

I'd prefer we ignore this bug for jessie, but it's possible to
download the logo at the runtime together with tiles themselves. This
wouldn't require to ship the logo inside the package while probably
wouldn't violate Bing's T&C.

--
Cheers,
  Andrew