Creating and signing packages

Hi all.
I have a few stupid questions about creating and signing packages:

* compiling locally results in a series of changed files, whose changes I do not want
to commit back; e.g. [0]; what is the best approach to get rid of it?
Just running

git-buildpackage --git-ignore-new

or clean up local changes first, e.g. with

git clean -d -x -f

?

* I am compiling on a remote server, in a chrooted environment; I have my GPG key on
my desktop machine; which files should I place, and where, to have the package
signed? I originally created the chroot as root; should I change it as my normal
user, so my gpg key will be used automatically? in this case, how to do this?

Sorry about my ignorance.
All the best.

[0]
gbp:error: You have uncommitted changes in your source tree:
gbp:error: On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
Untracked files:
  (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)

	debian/files
	debian/libotb-dev.debhelper.log
	debian/libotb-dev.substvars
	debian/libotb-dev/