Re: PostGIS 2.1.4

Bas,

On 09/25/2014 03:24 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> Thanks for pushing your changes for postgis 2.1.4. I've also been working
> on updating the packaging for the new release, and you may want some of my
> changes.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

> In debian/changelog you should use urgency=medium to have the package
> migratie to testing in 5 days instead of 10 as used for urgency=low. The
> default urgency was recently switched to medium, but your dch version
> apparently doesn't do that yet.

Hm.. I switched that back manually. Didn't know medium was the default.

> The Breaks/Replaces: liblwgeom-2.1.2 (<< 2.1.3+dfsg-2) can be dropped now.

Uh.. if somebody updates from that version, the new liblwgeom-2.1.4
should still Break/Replace that one, no?

> I've also changed liblwgeom-2.1.4.install & libpostgis-java.install to use
> 2* instead of the full version numbers

Oh, that works? Nice!

> mh_cleanpom caused a FTBFS in my builds because of the invalid whitespace
> at the start of java/jdbc/pom.xml. I added a patch to remove this
> whitespace.
>
> http://git.linuxminded.nl/?p=pkg-grass/postgis;a=commitdiff;h=a86c253d21f982d0e1c81472ede745e6454a2b89

Thanks. It didn't FTBFS on my testing machine. Which I'm just upgrading,
now. It FTBFS on pgapt/jenkins.

> I'm currently working on updating the copyright file, but this is a lot of
> work that I haven't completed yet. That why I haven't pushed my changes
> yet.

Can we use more wildcards, there? And merge year ranges in copyright
lines? Listing every file and every copyright time span separately seems
neither practical nor useful to me. Or what's the policy, there?

Markus