Re: installing from debian-gis on LMDE (MATE)
- To: Sebastiaan Couwenberg <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: installing from debian-gis on LMDE (MATE)
- From: Agustin Lobo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 10:22:11 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] CAG4NReKi=iS6XkMUmpEbb0oGJeDafgHM1Zeace5rqckN4bjd2Q@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Agustin.Lobo@ictja.csic.es
- In-reply-to: <CAG4NReKx5_1K5CEYW5YRVyvARyZ1gtBaU5RZpNZdU2tkv_X6JQ@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAG4NRe++0W_XyGsJPvD_MuJ_WbHxUyrPx8sr=d+KZTOR1XJj+Q@mail.gmail.com> <53EB2AC4.email@example.com> <CAG4NReL-p2rGDLASFBrYNw9ymGXie5CbKER=ioQ_JoVfWSV-Pg@mail.gmail.com> <53EC96A0.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAG4NReLt-Yg_5t2gmd-Zc23Ds=Sa-MbbXTZy-kWRPfNHVQdBqg@mail.gmail.com> <53F325FD.email@example.com> <53F3292A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAG4NReKx5_1K5CEYW5YRVyvARyZ1gtBaU5RZpNZdU2tkv_X6JQ@mail.gmail.com>
I've followed directions from the page you suggest
deb http://packages.linuxmint.com/ debian main upstream import
deb http://debian.linuxmint.com/latest testing main contrib non-free
deb http://debian.linuxmint.com/latest/security testing/updates main
deb http://debian.linuxmint.com/latest/multimedia testing main non-free
in my source.list file, which was otherwise empty.
I've updated by following instructions there, but while grass is
present I still do not see qgis available in Synaptic.
I sent a message to the lmde list
(last message in the
but got no answer.
I thought that once had lmde as debian testing I would get all
packages offered by debangis.
Am I missing some reposotiories?
On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Agustin Lobo <email@example.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your advice.
> I'm now very confused as I thought I had got Debian testing Jessie
> with my installation of LMDE
> few weeks ago. I'm consulting in the LMDE list and will report back.
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On 08/19/2014 12:25 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>>> For something that claims to be a "semi-rolling distribution" their
>>> testing snapshot is hopelessly outdated. Switching to Debian testing
>>> proper is claimed to be supported:
>>> Updates are constantly fed to Debian Testing, where users experience
>>> frequent regressions but also frequent bug fixes and improvements. LMDE
>>> receives "Update Packs" which are tested snapshots of Debian Testing.
>>> Users can experience a more stable system thanks to update packs, or
>>> switch their sources to follow Testing, or even Unstable, directly to
>>> get more frequent updates.
>> They have apparently realized this themselves:
>> After a long reflection and many discussions the decision was made to
>> switch Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE) from its current snapshot cycle
>> to a Debian Stable package base. The transition from Update Pack 8 to
>> Debian Jessie should be smooth and similar to a traditional UP upgrade,
>> in sync with the upstream Jessie freeze planned for November this year.
>> They've documented how to switch from the now obsolete Update Packs to
>> Debian testing proper, see:
>> Kind Regards,
>> GPG Key ID: 4096R/E88D4AF1
>> Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146 50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1
>> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
>> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
>> Archive: https://lists.debian.org/53F3292A.email@example.com