Re: RFS: pyresample and pykdtree (was PtTroll)

Hi Andreas,

Il 22/06/2014 22:07, Andreas Tille ha scritto:> Hi Antonio,

> thanks for your work on these packages.
>
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 12:41:49PM +0200, Antonio Valentino wrote:
>>
>> OK packages for pyresample and pykdtree are ready for the upload:
>>
>> http://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-grass/pyresample.git
>
> I checked this and I can confirm that the package builds lintian clean.
> Please use debhelper compatibility level 9 (instead of 8).  I also
> wonder whether you could provide an autopkgtest as in pykdtree.

Uhm, currently no autopkgtest script is provided for pyresample because
the package does not installs the test suite by default.
The test folder in the source archive is outside the pyresample package
folder and it includes about 28M of data files.

I guess the best option is to provide a separate python-pyresample-test
package but I have do investigate a little bit the problem.
Hints are very welcome.

> A less important hint: You can safely drop the .PHONY pragma in
> debian/rules.  It works perfectly without this line.
>
> I have verified the Debian GIS task remote sensing[1] to make sure
> the package is properly displayed with data from your packaging in
> Git.
>
>> http://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-grass/pykdtree.git

Yes, I'm going to update the remotesensing task to include all packages
from the PyTroll collection with their ITP numbers (as soon as I file them).

> I wonder in what Debian GIS task the package python-pykdtree might
> fit.  For me it rather looks like some generig prerequisite for
> other tools - but I'm not a GIS expert.  I guess it could fit into
> some Debian Science tasks[2].  I'd be happy about hints where it
> can be put.

Yes It is an optional package for pyresample itself, it is used to
accelerate spatial queries.
Probably I should add a Recommends field in the control file pyresample.

IMO pykdtree can be included both in science and remotesensing tasks.

>> If you prefer I can provide source packages via mentors.d.n
>
> No, Debian GIS Git is perfectly fine.  What I would require to let me
> sponsor the package is a line at the Sponsoring of Blends wiki page[3].
> My motivation to require this is to make the Blends concept more
> popular.  Please feel free to ask if you have some questions about this.

OK, I will do it ASAP

>> Now I'm going to start packaging for other packages:
>>
>> mipp for reading weather satellite data
>> mpop for processing weather satellite data
>> python-bufr for reading bufr files
>> pycoast for putting coastlines, borders and rivers on an image
>> pyorbital for computing satellite orbital parameters and reading TLE’s
>
> Cool, I guess this would be really interesting for Debian GIS.
>
>> please let me know if you have some priority
>
> As a non-GIS person myself I do not have any priorities.
>
> Kind regards
>
>       Andreas.
>

> [1] http://blends.debian.org/gis/tasks/remotesensing#python-pyresample
> [2] http://blends.debian.org/science/tasks/