Re: GDAL/OGR 1.11.0

We currently have the first revision of GDAL 1.11.0 in experimental.

The enhanced uscan was deleting the .gitignore file included by
upstream, which caused from problems when git-buildpackage generated a
different orig.tar.gz. This has been fixed and the fixed repacked
orig.tar.gz is in git.

Something I'd like to fix before the upload to unstable, is patching
ogrsxfdatasource.cpp to build with -Werror=format-security. I don't like
dropping this flag only to allow a single format to build.

The mips buildd seems to have some issues, the gdal build is stuck there
building the package. hurd-i386 and sparc buildds seems to have issues
too, they don't seem to be building anything currently. So we need to
update the symbols files for these architectures when gdal eventually
builds there.

The gdal-grass plugin was accepted from the NEW queue today, so the
results for its builds are not in yet. It currently still builds with
GRASS 6.4.3, and we may want to update GRASS (in experimental) to
7.0.0~beta1 now that it's supported by GDAL.

I've also thought about introducing a simple package in non-free that
contains the removed wkt files due to their unclear licensing. This
would fix #745702.

 GPG Key ID: 4096R/E88D4AF1