Re: Running git-buildpackage on different branch

On Mo, Mai 05, 2014 at 09:24:19 +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 05/05/2014 08:51 PM, Jochen Topf wrote:
> > Is there any way to run git-buildpackage on a different branch? I tried
> > the --git-upstream-tree and --git-upstream-branch options, but whatever
> > I put there, it is ignored.
> >
> > I am trying to build packages not from the tagged upstream branch but
> > from upstream master HEAD which I am fetching (as a git remote) from the
> > original upstream repository.
>
> git-buildpackages uses both the upstream branch to generate the
> orig.tar.gz and a debian specific branch to generate the diff for the
> debian directory.
>
> --git-upstream-branch only uses a different branch than the default
> ("upstream"), you need to specify an alternate branch that includes the
> debian directory with --git-debian-branch.

But I want to use the debian stuff from the normal debian branch!?

Anyway, whatever I put on the --git-upstream-tree or --git-upstream-branch
options, it is all ignored. Even if it is not a branch but some random
string, it just happily builds what it always builds. Shouldn't it at
least complain if the branch doesn't exist?

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen@remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-721-388298