Re: Input on package thermometer (Was ... long ago: package thermometer improvements)

Hi Paolo,

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 03:47:33PM +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> > OK, the wrapper is finished and the new package Thermometer online.  Feel
> > free to have a look at
> >
> >    http://blends.alioth.debian.org/gis/thermometer/
> >
> > It reimplements the package thermometer[1] for all those packages that
> > are mentioned inside the debian-gis tasks files.  In other words: If you
> > are missing a package in the thermometer please add it here[2] (and wait
> > 24h until UDD and the thermometer is updated).
>
> Hi Andreas,
> thanks for this. I do not have access to [2],

You can get access in two ways:

  1. Check out annonymouns and send me a patch
  2. Become a member of Blends team on alioth.debian.org and so get
     commit permissions (alternatively become a Debian Developer -
     ACLs are set to grant any DD commit permissions)

> so I'm putting my notes here:
> * what does "Up to date" means?

It means that all packages you regard as relevant for GIS are injected
into the appropriate task.  The "Links" section on the left contains a
link to the Debian GIS tasks page you most probably want to visit if you
have no idea what tasks might mean.

> * please add rgdal[1] to the list of packages.

$ apt-cache search rgdal

does not find anything and as I explained in my previous mail you need
to inject some preliminary packaging stuff into Debian GIS VCS to create
an entry inside the thermometer.  I can not find any such stuff - please
correct me if I'm wrong.  If my explanation how things are working was
not precise enough please be patient with me and ask for clarification
what exactly you did not understand.

Moreover, if you want me to inject an additional package you need to
specify to what task.  BTW, when thinking about this I might add an
additional column in the end of the table mentioning the task(s) a
package is part of.  What do you think?

Kind regards

    Andreas.