Re: Packaging mapserver 6.2.1

Hi Sebastiaan,

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 11:49:20AM +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 05/25/2013 09:20 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> >> That turned out to be caused by an unclean test setup with and old
> >> install in /usr/local. To builds themselves are fine.
> >
> > This smells as if you would not do the build inside a pbuilder
> > environment.  It is strongly advisable to do at least some test
> > builds using pbuilder to make sure you are building the package
> > in a clean environment.
>
> The final builds were done in pbuilder, but the resulting packages were
> tested in an unclean environment. Since mapserver loads its plugins at
> runtime it picked up the libmapserver in /usr/local before the /usr one.
>
> I haven't done all builds in pbuilder because with its many
> Build-Depends it takes about twice as long to setup the chroot than to
> build the package.

I admit sometimes it happens that setting up the chroot takes a serious
amount of time.  However, it is worth doing it anyway and finally that's
why we are using a multiprocessing OS, right?

> My use of pbuilder actually triggered the changes to allow building the
> package twice.

So if you are doing at least *some* plus the final build in pbuilder it
is fine to make sure the package is clean.  Now I wonder:  Are you
willing to move to pkg-grass VCS to profit from my SoB offer to sponsor
your package?

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--