Re: Latest bug fixing releases of GEOS and GDAL and PostGIS in Wheezy

Ivan Mincik <ivan.mincik@gmail.com> writes:

>> Unfortunately we are in freezing phase, so patches can only be considered
>> for fixing specific _important_ bugs. It is excluded that we can upgrade
>> to a completely new version without seriois motivations.
>

> So the only way is to agree which are those _important_ bugs and prepare
> cherry picks. Which package is better to begin with - GEOS or GDAL (GEOS
> seems to be less work)?

The bug severities are defined in
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#severities . Anything that
qualifies as grave or critical still needs to be fixed at this point of
the release, the rest will need to wait for the next one. In practice
this means bugs that cause the software to not work at all, corrupt data
or such. Please file any such bugs you are aware of in the Debian BTS,
preferably with the cherry picked patches included.

--
Arto Jantunen