Re: progress on building gpsdrive for Sid

Aron wrote:
>>> Can you let CMake expose the full command line of this step?

Yes, just figured out how to do that: in CMakeLists.txt add
set(CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE ON)

>>> It looks like there aren't -lboost-system explicitly
>>> specified in the command.

(right)

> I don't know where's the actual code and packaging stuff that
> you are currently working on,

short summary: gpsdrive pkg in debian is horribly out of date,
I'm working on the ancient debian/ dir upstream before merging in
all the relevant improvements from DebianGIS's svn (also ancient
but less so).  Upstream's debian/ dir is current to the latest
program version but not the latest debian standards; DebianGIS's
debian/ dir is current with the latest debian standards but not
the latest version of the program. I'm trying to narrow the gap.

http://gpsdrive.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gpsdrive/trunk/src/CMakeLists.txt?view=markup
http://gpsdrive.sf.net/svn
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-grass/packages/gpsdrive/trunk/

> but some CMake program uses TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES to generate
> a target, and you can add libraries there. But it's not for
> all, some more skilled CMake users may use more advanced way
> of linking.

ok, thanks, it links now(!), by adding -lboost_* within a dep
of the later TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES. FWIW the same treatment was also
needed for boost's thread lib.

-  find_package(Boost COMPONENTS filesystem REQUIRED)
+  find_package(Boost COMPONENTS filesystem system thread REQUIRED)

[...]

 if (WITH_MAPNIK)
   set(gpsdrive_SRCS
     ${gpsdrive_SRCS}
     mapnik.cpp
   )
   set(GPSDRIVE_LINK_LIBRARIES
     ${GPSDRIVE_LINK_LIBRARIES}
     ${Boost_FILESYSTEM_LIBRARY}
+    ${Boost_SYSTEM_LIBRARY}
+    ${Boost_THREAD_LIBRARY}
     ${MAPNIK_LIBRARIES}
   )
 endif (WITH_MAPNIK)

[...]

 target_link_libraries(${GPSDRIVE_LINK_LIBRARIES})

cheers for the quick solution,
Hamish