libnetcdf6 and GIS packages in sid

Hi,

I recently learned that libnetcdf6 has been dropped.  However, gmt and
other GIS packages still depend on it, and the programs are failing
with:

error while loading shared libraries: libnetcdf.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Similarly, libnetcdf-dev cannot install:

Depends: libnetcdfc++4 but it is not going to be installed

And 'apt-get install libnetcdfc++4' prompts for removal of gmt, ncview,
and many others.  I assume this is a transient problem until all the
packages use the replacement for libnetcdf6.  Is this right?

Cheers,

--
Seb