Re: Re: Getting hdf5 1.8.7-2~exp7 into Ubuntu 12.04

> On Nov 9, 2011, at 1:57 PM, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 04:54:33PM -0800, Blair Zajac wrote:
> >>
> >> Taking a step back, what is the plan to start the transition to unstable?  Are the new hdf5 packages being planned for wheezy?
> >>

> > Definitively yes. About when, it depends on RM priorities, we are waiting for
> > a go.
>
> Thanks Francesco,
>
> Do you have an estimate of when you would be given a go?
>
> Is there any reason why Ubuntu shouldn't sync/merge the experimental packages as they stand?
>
> Blair

Ubuntu probably wouldn't want to sync without the transition at least in progress, so syncing from experimental is probably not going to happen.  Ideally, Ubuntu would sync everything from testing once the transition is completed.  However, given our different freeze timelines, Ubuntu could probably sync from Unstable if most of the transition is complete.

Thanks,
Micah

P.S. This response isn't meant to rush Debian in doing this, rather, I was just trying to answer the question posed about what Ubuntu should(n't) do.