Re: gdal: dealing with transitions and embedded libs

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 02:50:53AM +0800, Aron Xu wrote:

> But now embedded-library is a lintian auto-reject, we have to decide
> whether to override this warning or link to system libtiff. I noticed
> there is already some discussions in #558733, could you please help
> with this as you are the actual maintainer?
>
> debdiff and lintian reports attached.

ATM system library is non go, the internal library is a BigTiff enabled
version with also some patches AFAIK, so it is also different from distributed
geotiff. We need to override the lintian warning. I also prepared a more limited update
for 1.7.3, with still no override for lintian, anyway...
This evening I have a very limited time to complete the whole thing, do you
care do patch finally also for that?