Re: RFS: opencpn

Hi,

an update on ITP progress for the OpenCPN software (opencpn.org).

| the debian/ dir can be viewed here:
|    http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-grass/packages/opencpn/trunk/
|
| the .orig tarball can be found here:
|    http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/tarballs/
|
|sample data to test it with can be found here:
| https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/bin/install_opencpn.sh#L75

wrt open issues that I'm aware of:

re. upstream +dfsg version of the tarball in alioth svn:
Paul Wise wrote:
> Another solution is to use the alioth web space, like pkg-games do:
> http://pkg-games.alioth.debian.org/tarballs/

--ok, created  http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/tarballs/
with audit-trail md5sum held in alioth svn

re. prebuilt icons vs. build-depends on Inkscape to regenerate
them from svn each time:
--no action taken.

re. paypal graphics:
--gave up on waiting for a reply from them. replaced by a nice substitute graphic from upstream.
we should consider filing bugs against others found by `apt-file search`, but our replacement is not generic enough for other projects to use directly. (as it includes the opencpn logo)

re. dropping unused embedded code as part of debian/rules
--done.

> Build-Depend on libtinyxml-dev and add any patches needed to
> build against the system version.

--done.
note the library doesn't exist before squeeze,maverick.
Added README.lucid to explain how to back-build there (& for lenny).

> > helper-templates-in-copyright x3: I don't see what it's talking about,
> > the debian/copyright files are custom crafted.
> http://lintian.debian.org/tags/helper-templates-in-copyright.html

--false positive

>> debian/changelog does not close the ITP.

--done.

re. support debhelper --parallel
--done, works. (earlier problems were PBKAC)

re. executable bit set on regular text files
--fixed upstream, mostly in the current beta release, the few stragglers are already fixed for the next one.

> > compiler warnings:

there are a few warnings we're not sure how to fix. no segfaults reported..
?
src/garmin/jeeps/gpsusbcommon.c:
  "warning: array subscript is above array bounds [-Warray-bounds]"
?
and many like these:
/usr/bin/ld: Warning: alignment 8 of symbol `gps_waypt_type' in libGARMINHOST.a(garmin_wrapper.cpp.o) is smaller than 16 in libGARMINHOST.a(gpsapp.c.o)
?

> > valgrind analysis:
--volunteers welcome.

> > Your Standards-Version is out of date,
--todo.

> > A lot of the source code contains CVS $Id lines
--further cleaned out in the lastest push.

thanks,
Hamish