Re: [DebianGIS] help with dpatch

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Hamish <hamish_b@yahoo.com> wrote:

> in my novice way I'm trying to get dpatch to work in the OpenCPN 'rules'
> file, but I seem to be missing something and the patch is not being
> applied.

Looks like the package is using dpkg-source v3, which applies the
patches when you do dpkg-source -x foo...dsc

> I suspect I need a Makefile rule like "config: patch" to enable it, but
> can't seem to get it right, and haven't had much luck with hardcoding
> explicit quilt commands either. I'm sure it'll be some trivial oversight.

Usually one does svn-buildpackage, the upstream tarball is unpacked,
the patches applied and a source package built from the result before
dpkg-buildpackage/pdebuild is run.

> .. after this the package will be lintian clean*, although IIRC I still
> get some "you're needlessly depending on..." warnings out of debuild's
> check shared libs final step.

Please let upstream know about those if they are not actually a bug in
one of the library deps like GTK+ or similar.

> [* ITP: http://bugs.debian.org/538067   a new version has been released
> since that initial report (2.1.0), solving all(??) of the problems raised
> by the mentor and the current debiangis alioth svn is now targeted
> against the new 2.1.624a (2.1.svn rev 624~a) version]

Presumably you mean the comments Nicolas Alvarez and myself posted in
this thread?

http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2010/02/threads.html#00098

If so, awesome! I'll try to take a look next weekend, though a
reminder RFS here or on -mentors would be helpful.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise