Re: [DebianGIS] Packaging of World Vector Shoreline (WVS) data

Hamish wrote:
> If I guess correctly, this is the same as the GSHHS
> dataset? (?)
>   http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/pwessel/gshhs/index.html

... who are of course GMT-upstream, and so the gmt-coast-low
package is already shipping it.

(btw, the /usr/share/doc/gmt/README.coastlines file described
in the apt-cache show package description for gmt-coastline-low
no longer exists, and I wonder if the server disk space is still
an issue for shipping the gmt-coast-high and gmt-coast-full
packages?)

see also the zyGrib package which also has & ships a low-res
world coastline:
  http://packages.debian.org/zygrib
  [zygrib depends on hurd?!]

again derived from the same NOAA/GMT GSHHS map source:
  http://packages.debian.org/sid/all/zygrib-maps/filelist

it would be good to reuse gmt's long established coastline
package for both OpenCPN and zyGrib's needs..
(and seeing that GMT is upstream for the data it seems natural
to let them keep the name)

Hamish