[DebianGIS] HDF5 transition

Dear RMs

it is now time to start with a transition of HDF5 library in unstable,
after months of permanence in experimental. The 1.8.3 is built in 1.6
compatible mode, so it should not require changes to sources.

Dependent maintainers for libhdf5-serial-1.6.6-0:

Gürkan Sengün <gurkan@phys.ethz.ch> (gnudatalanguage)
Helen Faulkner <helen@debian.org> (labplot)
Gerber van der Graaf <gerber_graaf@users.sourceforge.net> (libgpiv pygpiv)
Debian PhotoTools Maintainers <pkg-phototools-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org> (pfstools)
Bradley Smith <bradsmith@debian.org> (mathgl)
Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@debian.org> (cdo)
Debian GIS Project <pkg-grass-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org> (gdal h5utils mapserver)
Debian Science Team <debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org> (ecs libcgns)
Thorsten Alteholz <debian@alteholz.de> (meep)
Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> (tessa)
Aurelien Jarno <aurel32@debian.org> (med-fichier)
Debian Octave Group <pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org> (dynare
 octave3.0 octave3.1 octave3.2 octave-ad octave-ann octave-audio
 octave-combinatorics octave-communications octave-econometrics
 octave-fixed octave-ftp octave-general octave-graceplot octave-gsl
 octave-image octave-io octave-linear-algebra octave-miscellaneous
 octave-multicore octave-nan octave-nlwing2 octave-nurbs octave-octcdf
 octave-octgpr octave-odepkg octave-optim octave-optiminterp
 octave-parallel octave-pdb octave-secs1d octave-secs2d octave-signal
 octave-sockets octave-specfun octave-symband octave-symbolic
 octave-triangular octave-xraylib semidef-oct)
Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> (r-cran-hdf5)
Debian Scientific Computing Team <pkg-scicomp-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org> (paraview)
Debian QA Group <packages@qa.debian.org> (mpb)
Thibaut Paumard <paumard@users.sourceforge.net> (yorick-hdf5)
Francesc Altet <faltet@carabos.com> (pytables)
Andrew Ross <andrewross@users.sourceforge.net> (plplot)

They already depend on libhdf5-serial-dev, so a simple rebuild should suffice
for a smooth transition. If you had not concerns about, I would upload in
sid the hdf5 1.8.3 ASAP. Note that upstream moved to a proper SONAME
support, so distributed new libraries will drop debian-specific versioning in their
names, still used in 1.6 series. All that should be transparent to other
packages.

----- Forwarded message from "Francesco P. Lovergine" <frankie@debian.org> -----