Re: [DebianGIS] tracking down the bottleneck

Hamish:
> I'm trying to find why sparc builds of gdal are holding everything
> from sifting through to debian/testing.

[solved]

Paul Martin wrote:
> What it means is that nobody's uploaded a new osm2pgsql for a good
> while. If it's been replaced by another package, it might be necessary
> for a dummy osm2pgsql package to be uploaded which depends on the newer
> package name which contains the osm2pgsql program (and drops the
> dependancy on geos).

(see also http://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?staller=geos)

http://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php?dist=unstable&package=osm2pgsql
"Package has a Depends on libgeos-3.0.0 (>= 3.0.0) which cannot be
satisfied on *"

osm2pgsql build-depends on libgeos-dev, which at build time for it
was libgeos-3.0.0 but now the new package name is libgeos-3.1.0 and
the old name doesn't exist. So a rebuild in Sid should do it..

should libgeos-3.1.0 provides libgeos-3.0.0 or is the pkg name change
due to lack of backward compatibly?

Maintainer for osm2pgsql is listsed as DebianGIS so we may be able to do
something about it ... :)

newer+unofficial svn version of the package here:
  http://www.gpsdrive.de/build_cluster/results.shtml

Hamish